A PRESENTATION at tomorrow’s meeting of Stonehaven and District Community Council should shed light on the future of sport and leisure facilities in the town.
In what is an agenda full of matters of interest, members will also discuss the planning application by David Morrison, who hopes to build a new home adjacent to his current property at Riverside Drive – and offer areas within the surrounding swathe of land to local groups for the creation of leisure and recreation amenities for the town.
And Dawn Black will give an update on her hopes to start a youth club to provide a much-needed social amenity for our youngsters.
Spending power to the people
Officers of Live Life Aberdeenshire are to make a presentation. At an earlier meeting they flagged their intention to conduct a participatory budgeting exercise in Stonehaven to determine the way forward for investment in sports and leisure amenities.
Service manager Tim Stephen said Aberdeenshire Council were, ”looking to invest a significant capital sum into improving or replacing facilities,” in Stonehaven.
In participatory budgeting, money is allocated to a community – who decide how it is spent.
COSLA and Scottish Government say 1% of a local authority’s annual spend should be decided using participatory budgeting. In their latest budget, the local authority allocated £108 million to capital spend investment for 2021 -22.
Agenda: Stonehaven and District Community Council, Business Meeting – link to join at bottom
11th May 2021, 7pm
- Chairperson’s Welcome
- Roll-call, recording? (KS)
- Apologies & Declarations of Interest
- Report & Matters Arising
- Presentation on future of Stonehaven community and leisure facilities (LLA officers)
- Presentation: Riverside Drive planning application
- Presentation: Stoney Rickshaw
- Approval of last minute
- Matters arising from last minute
- Planning report & reviews: KS
- Treasurer’s report: DL
- Proposal: to give SDCC project teams the authority to manage their projects within the limit of available funds and approved project objective, rather than referring all decisions back to full meetings of the Community Council: DL
- Agenda Meetings: RC
- Use of Bequest Funds: JS
- Community Action Plan: MD
- Youth Club project: DB/AL
- Proposal: that SDCC supports the petition by Fairtrade Stonehaven being undertaken with the intention of Stonehaven regaining its Fairtrade town status: DV
- Correspondence: AL/DB/PCP
- CC Training: ES
- (NB special circumstance items only)
- DONM: AGM & Business Meeting 8th June 2021
Use this link to join the meeting
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by phone
+44 1467 53 66 53,,9293938
Conference ID: 9293938