The latest bulletin from KDP –
Hillhead of Auquhirie – CLOSING DATE – 30TH JUNE
Hillhead of Auquhirie Wind Farm Community Fund is open until 30th June 2021.
Applications to the fund can be made from groups and projects which benefit the communities living in the community council areas of:
- Catterline, Kinneff & Dunnottar
- Stonehaven & District
Click here for the application form and guidelines.
Adapt and Thrive to Remain Open into July
The Adapt and Thrive programme will welcome applications beyond the end of June and continue to support the recovery of the third sector. The Scottish Government has committed additional funding to respond to the substantial demand for the programme.
Adapt and Thrive aims to support organisations most financially affected by the pandemic to change, flex, innovate, or grow so they can be resilient and financially sustainable during and post COVID-19.
In addition to meeting the programme’s criteria, organisations seeking funding must ensure their work fits within one or both funding priorities:
- Organisations operating in areas or with individuals who have suffered disproportionately from the effects of COVID-19.
- Organisations working with people who have protected characteristics or the most vulnerable.
Early applications are encouraged before the fund’s closure later in July to allow for support and funding assessments to be carried out throughout July and August.
Find out more here.
Covid Vaccination Centre
The Stonehaven vaccination clinic has moved from the Leisure Centre to the Stonehaven Town Hall.
If you have an appointment to get your vaccine, please attend at the Town Hall.
Dignity and the Right to Food – Responding to Food Insecurity
Nourish Scotland and the Poverty Truth Community are running these online workshops on finding sustainable solutions to food insecurity, grounded on dignity, human rights and a food systems approach.
24 June 2021, 2 – 4 pm
19 July 2021, 10 am – 12 pm
For more information and to book your place, click here.
Aberdeenshire Equalities Outcomes Survey
Aberdeenshire Council is currently consulting in two areas – the development of equality outcomes and the development of the Community Engagement & Participation Policy. Details of how to take part are below.
There are a variety of ways that people can take part and the consultation is open until July 12th 2021.
- By completing the online consultation
- BSL Users can complete the online consultation
- A paper copy of the consultation can be requested at any of the council’s Service points or selected Libraries (please check the website for current opening times). These can be returned to the Library or service point.
- Other Languages. The survey has been translated into six languages. Latvian Portoguese Polish Lithuanian Arabic Russian
#ShiftThePower supports organisations with passionate people to make meaningful change in their communities. The fund is now open to grassroots organisations and charities with an income of £400,000 or less whose work fits one of two strategic themes:
- Gender Justice – contributing to gender equality by reducing violence and discrimination based on gender and sexuality alongside increased opportunity, empowerment, and understanding for women, girls, and LGBTQI+ community.
- A Safe Place to Be – supporting people who have experienced homelessness or have been forced from their homes in order to live safely.
Funding is open until 20th August at 2pm.
Click here for more information.
Henry Smith Charity – Improving Lives
The Improving Lives grant programme provides grants to charitable organisations that help people when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available. They support established organisations delivering services directly to beneficiaries.
The six priority areas are:
- Help at a Critical Moment
- Positive Choices
- Accommodation/Housing Support
- Employment and Training
- Financial Inclusion, Rights & Entitlements
- Support Networks & Family
Visit the website for more details.
KDP is here to help in any way we can. Please let us know how we can support you or your organisation. We will continue to share information and guidance in our Bulletins, however, due to the speed of change and quantity of information, the most current details will be found on our Facebook page (@kincardineshiredevelopmentpartnership).
Should you wish to get in touch, our contact details are as follows:
Jacky Niven Development Officer email@example.com
Margo Titmuss Office/Windfarm Admin firstname.lastname@example.org