From Liz Ritchie –
This weekend – Saturday 26th June – sees the first in a series of events planned by the Museum for the summer holidays and taking place in our outdoor Courtyard space. First up is NE storyteller Pauline Cordiner who will be telling local tales and perhaps some about the Tolbooth.
Over the last few weeks we have also been running an Art Competition for children in P5 to P7 (ages 9 to 12) and we have had over 30 entries. All entries will be on display in the Courtyard on Saturday. The judges have met and made their decisions and the winner and runners up will be announced on Saturday afternoon.
Not all of our summer dates are confirmed, but we have some provisional events planned for our Courtyard
- Saturday 10th July – a demonstration of net making and then fireball making
- Sunday 25th July – a concert by members of Stonehaven Folk club
- Saturday 14th August – a demonstration of corn dolly making
- Sunday 29th August – a demonstration of spinning and weaving by Guild of Weavers
Keep an eye open for further events
Some other events which have yet to be finalised
- An outside broadcast by Mearns FM in the Courtyard
- Story telling by Gary Brindley