The CLAN Light the North Lighthouse Trail is GO from today, Mon 9th Aug until 17th Oct 2021. The trail has over forty-five 2.5m tall lighthouses, which have been designed by some of the UK’s most talented artists. This event is made all the more special as the lighthouses are present in each of the areas that Clan Cancer Support operates. Since 1983, Clan has supported anyone affected by cancer, providing emotional and practical support to ensue that peoples well being needs are being taken care of at all states of the cancer journey.
In Stonehaven there are two Lighthouses. “Fisherman’s Friends” by Glen Brooks is situated at the Plainstones in the Market Square and has been sponsored by a collective of local businesses, groups and individuals (organised by the Stonehaven Business Association & Tourism Group / Stunning Stonehaven) and “The Viking Path” by Jina Gelder” is at the Duthie’s Well in the Harbour, sponsored by Groundwater Lift Trucks.
Be sure to go along and collect them using the App and you will also unlock some rewards being offered by local businesses!
Just show the collected lighthouse on the App and claim your rewards for the Fisherman’s Friends Lighthouse which are:
- Lou Sells Pre-Loved Labels: 10% discount in store
- Shorehead Guesthouse: 10% discount on direct bookings
- Fusion Hairdressers: 10% discount on all services
- Belvedere Hotel: 10% discount on food & drink
- Aly Bali Jewellery: 10% discount
- Dalriada Luxury Lodges: 10% discount on stays between 10 Jan – 28 Mar 2022 – code required
- Tolbooth Museum: 10% discount at museum shop / Free children’s dinosaur hunt
- Arduthie Tea Rooms: 10% discount
- My Beautiful Caravan: 105 discount in store
- Pine Tree Taxis: 25% discount on a Taxi Tour of Stonehaven & Dunnottar (booking essential) – code required
You can also see four mini-Lighthouses designed by pupils of various Primary schools, including “Bee the Light” by Arduthie Primary School, in the library window.
So what are you waiting for? Download the App (available for Apples App Store and Google Play) and start collecting your lighthouses and rewards!
For more information about the Trail go to lightthenorth.co.uk
For more information about CLAN’s work go to clancancersupport.org