A public vote to decide how to spend £1.8million on improving sport and leisure infrastructure in Stonehaven will take place from February 7-21.
Seven options were identified for progression following engagement with the community and online voting opens on February 7.
There will also be opportunities throughout the town to find out more about the project and participate in person.
Live Life Aberdeenshire (LLA), the sports and cultural service of Aberdeenshire Council, has committed to spending £1.8m of its capital budget on projects identified by and receiving the greatest support from the local community.
The seven options progressing to the vote are:
- An additional covered multi-use sports area at the leisure centre;
- Upgrade to the gym, fitness, dance areas and changing at the leisure centre;
- Funding to support additional multi-use space within Stonehaven Recreation Grounds;
- Funding to support a covered tennis facility at Stonehaven Recreation Grounds;
- Upgrade to the skate park area including seating and lighting;
- Upgrade to the outdoor space within Stonehaven Recreation Grounds to incorporate challenge putting, petanque and quoits,
- A PAMIS (Promoting A More Inclusive Society) changing area within the Stonehaven Leisure Centre.
Outline drawings of all the options have been produced to support the voting process.
Posters and leaflets are being distributed around the town – scan the QR code to find out more.
There will also be a stall at Stonehaven’s Farmer’s Market on February 5 where staff will be on hand to talk about the options, answer any questions about the process and assist with voting.
From February 7-21 displays showing the options can be viewed during opening hours at Stonehaven Leisure Centre and at Stonehaven Library.
Staff will be on hand to answer any questions and assist with the vote process if required.
You can get assistance at any time, but we also have sessions with dedicated staff there to help:
Tuesday, February 8: 1400-1800 at Stonehaven Library
Wednesday, February 9: 1000-1200 at Stonehaven Recreation Grounds
Saturday, February 12: 0900–1200 at Stonehaven Leisure Centre
Wednesday, February 16: 1100–1700 at Stonehaven Library
Thursday, February 18: 1000–1600 at Stonehaven Library
Online voting will take place on Live Life Aberdeenshire’s engagement portal, where you can also see the options in more detail: https://engage.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/lla-stonehavenpb
The winning project or projects will be announced following the conclusion of the voting process.
The objective of the Participatory Budgeting project is to give the community a say on the delivery of high-quality sport and leisure venues which are accessible with a positive and welcoming environment, offering better opportunities for people to lead healthier, happier lives.
From Live Life Aberdeenshire (LLA), the sports and cultural service of Aberdeenshire Council