THE fate of Stonehaven’s Invercarron Resource Centre for Older People may be decided tomorrow, when the Kincardine and Mearns Area Committee are asked to approve a Supplementary Procurement Plan For The Health And Social Care Partnership.
The procurement plan is needed to transform the centre into Stonehaven’s vaccination clinic. The matter, as an exempt item, was withdrawn from last month’s agenda – it is again exempt on tomorrow’s, meaning members of the public may not hear the discussions.
Stonehaven and District Community Council have campaigned hard for the retention of the Invercarron, which first opened its doors in 1995 to give our older residents a social hub. Members have condemned the move to turn it into a vaccine centre as ‘a done deal’, ‘a serious failing of democracy’, and described the centre as being ‘murdered’ by the council.
SDCC wrote to Audit Scotland and to Marie Gougeon MSP – and sought meetings with council and health board chiefs to no avail, though they did find support in Cllr Wendy Agnew, who joined them in calling for the centre to remail a community facility.
And tomorrow evening, just a few short hours after the conclusion of the area committee meeting, SDCC will look to our elected councillors for an update on the fate of the centre.
Link to join SDCC meeting and full agenda
The meeting which starts at 7pm is hosted on Microsoft Teams
Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting
Agenda: Stonehaven and District Community Council,
Business Meeting, 8th February 2022, 7pm
- Chairperson’s Welcome
- Roll-call & recording?: KS
- Apologies & Declarations of Interest
- Police Report & Matters Arising
- Invercarron Resource Centre update: ASC Councilors
- update on PB process: Aberdeenshire Council officers
- Approval of last minute
- Matters Arising from Last Minute
- Planning Report & Reviews: KS
- Treasurer’s Report: DL
- Stonehaven Feein’ Market: DL
- Resilience planning: DB
- Youth Club update: DB
- Correspondence: AL/DB/PC
- AOCB (NB special circumstance items only)
- Date of Next Meetings:
- Local Development Plan: Aberdeenshire Council officers: 22nd February 2022
- Agenda Discussion Meeting: 1st March 2022
- Business Meeting: 8th March 2022
Caried forward to future meetings:
- Aberdeenshire Council & Nestrans update on active travel plans for Stonehaven
- Mackie Academy Campus
Feature image – SDCC member David Lawman fought the move to close the Invercarron saying, ‘We will all be old one day.’