AFTER a specially convened meeting last month, members of Stonehaven and District Community Council, SDCC, will discuss the possibility of undertaking a local place plan at their meeting tomorrow evening (Tuesday, March 8).
Local Place Plans are a new type of plan giving communities an opportunity to develop proposals for the development and use of land in the place where they live. In effect, a local place plan would map out where and what development residents would like to see happening in Stonehaven – it is an opportunity for a community to set out its own vision of the future.
Assuming all requirements were met, an approved local place plan would have due significance – and would be referred to while Aberdeenshire Council worked towards its next Local Development Plan that should be adopted in or before 2027.
It was quite clear from the presentation made to SDCC on February 22, that the development of a local place plan would need require a good deal of input and effort – with the planning officers offering support to the project.
Agenda: Stonehaven and District Community Council,
Business Meeting, 8th March 2022, 7pm
- Chairperson’s Welcome
- Roll-call & recording?: KS
- Apologies & Declarations of Interest
- Police Report & Matters Arising
- Approval of last minute
- Matters Arising from Last Minute
- Planning Report & Reviews: KS
- Treasurer’s Report: DL
- Delegated planning duties: PC
- Local Place Plans: AL
- Update on Rugby facilities in Stonehaven: Ward 18 councilors
- Invercarron petition update: BW
- Mental health discussion: GT
- Hybrid meetings: DL
- Correspondence: AL/DB/PC
- AOCB (NB special circumstance items only)
- Date of Next Meetings:
- Agenda Discussion Meeting: 5th April 2022
- Business Meeting: 12th April 2022
Caried forward to future meetings:
- Aberdeenshire Council & Nestrans update on active travel plans for Stonehaven
- Mackie Academy Campus
Link to join meeting
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting