All posts in "Community"

Online Support from CLAN

By bellmannews / February 22, 2021

CLAN are now able to offer a range of ONLINE CLASSES for anyone affected by cancer. Please note the email address for booking a class – services@clancancersupport.org

Council Challenged

By bellmannews / February 21, 2021

Dear Bellman – “What kind of service are we getting from Aberdeenshire Council?” I know it is a disgraceful question to ask, but somebody has to. There is a site, “Stunning Stonehaven” and Stonehaven is stunning, but for reasons which the operators of that site would not wish to highlight. We have pot-holes which are […]

Stonehaven Reminiscences

By bellmannews / February 21, 2021

By Callum Fraser – I originally wrote this for the Stonehaven Heritage Society magazine in 2008 and have regularly updated it with randomly triggered recollections as they occur to me. I hope it may bring back some long forgotten memories for those who grew up in Stonehaven around the same time. My first experiences of […]

Love, Life and Loss – what does an Independent Celebrant do?

By bellmannews / February 18, 2021

From Fiona Beeley – In the midst of this pandemic that has had a significant impact on everyone, the natural rhythms of life continue and people want to mark these with either joy or sadness. Long before the current pandemic, I decided that I wanted to change direction from my career in teaching. After some […]

Community Larder Consultation

By bellmannews / February 15, 2021

From Julia Morton of The Haven – The Haven Community Larder is holding a consultation to get community views on how to move from an emergency provision to a more long-term sustainable one. Initial responses have been insightful and moving. I think it would also be helpful to share the findings with the wider community […]

Dunnottar Castle in Snow

By bellmannews / February 10, 2021

(First published last year but the snow is there now!! – The Bellman) By Andy Hall – As we prepare ourselves for the full onset of winter, hopefully there will be an opportunity to photograph iconic Dunnottar Castle at its most photogenic – after a fresh fall of snow. The ideal conditions are in late-afternoon […]

Broadcast first for local writers

By bellmannews / February 10, 2021

WRITERS from Stonehaven and the Mearns are now featured on Spotify thanks to a team of media students from Robert Gordon University (RGU) who have helped them produce podcasts. The students from the School of Creative and Cultural Business approached members of Mearns Writers with a proposal to develop the group’s online profile, as a project […]

KDP – Do You Know What They Do?

By bellmannews / February 5, 2021

KDP – Who we are and what we do….Kincardineshire Development Partnership (KDP) is an independent, not-for-profit voluntary organisation.  Its objectives are to promote, encourage and enable sustainable community development and economic growth in the area known as Kincardine & Mearns (K & M). We are a people and community driven partnership, working at grass roots level […]

Volunteers sought for 12-month pilot study into travel behaviour change

By bellmannews / February 4, 2021

From Aberdeenshire Council communications team – Aberdeenshire Council is seeking volunteers to participate in a 12-month pilot study into travel behaviour change. The council is looking for six households from across Aberdeenshire – in either towns, villages or rural locations – who would be willing to replace some or all private car journeys with more […]

Page 2 of 39