All posts in "Community"

SDCC Public Meeting

By bellmannews / May 12, 2022

Stonehaven and District Community Council are holding a Public Meeting on Tuesday the 24th May, starting at 7pm in Stonehaven Town Hall to discuss the current and future provision of support and activities for our older people, now the Invercarron Resource Centre is being converted into a vaccination centre. The meeting will be split in […]

Furniture Lodge Sale

By bellmannews / May 12, 2022

From Lenny Lawrence – The Furniture Lodge, Cowie Lane Stonehaven is opening for a weekend SALE on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th May from 10am to 3pm. We have a good selection of new 4 metre carpets, dining and kitchen tables, sets of chairs, easy chairs, leather sofas, beds, books, a full drum kit plus, […]

Author Talk at Stonehaven Library

By bellmannews / May 11, 2022

Join the Live Life Aberdeenshire library team at Stonehaven Library for an author talk with local author Roy Burnett on Monday 23rd May 7 – 8 pm. Roy will be talking about his debut novel ‘Eye for an Eye,’ a story of espionage that follows a Scottish ex-army officer as he leads the fight against […]

Choir Spring Back into Action

By bellmannews / May 10, 2022

From Marilyn Cusine – Stonehaven Choral are holding their spring concert in St. James Church, Arbuthnott Street, Stonehaven, on Sunday 22nd May at 7.30pm. This will be our first spring concert since 2019 as others have had to be postponed like so many things due to covid restrictions, so we are greatly looking forward to […]

Wellbeing Festival This Week

By bellmannews / May 10, 2022

THERE is a range of events taking place in Stonehaven throughout the week so please have a look at the following booklet – there is a download link below the scroll pane.

F1 Role for Murray

By bellmannews / May 6, 2022

From Helga Mellor – A Stonehaven student has beaten off worldwide competition to secure a prestigious placement atthe cutting edge of Formula 1 motorsport. 21 year-old Murray Macfarlane, who is studying for a Masters degree in Electrical & MechanicalEngineering at the University of Strathclyde, is to spend a year as a Performance SimulationEngineer at Red […]

Coffee Morning Tomorrow for Veterans’ Charity

By bellmannews / May 6, 2022

Stonehaven’s British Legion branch is holding a coffee morning in aid of BLESMA tomorrow, Saturday 7th May, from 10am till 1pm.  Entry to the event raising funds for the military charity supporting limbless veterans will cost £3.00. The work of local crafters will also be featured.

Community Council Minutes Secretary Wanted

By bellmannews / May 5, 2022

Stonehaven and District Community Council (SDCC) seek to recruit a Minutes Secretary.  If you wish further information, or if you wish to apply for this remunerated post, please contact the SDCC’s Secretary alistair.lawrie@aberdeenshire.gov.uk SDCC meet once a month to discuss matters of interest to the broad community in Stonehaven. The meetings are held in the […]

Stonehaven Golf Club this week

By Alex Russon / May 2, 2022

I smoked a big, fat Cuban cigar all the way from the 18th green to the clubhouse last Saturday morning. Having been first out at 7am, I’d just drained a thirty foot raker to complete a 63 which I felt would surely secure tournament victory. How wrong could I be, my afternoon subsequently spent watching […]

Concert for Ukraine

By bellmannews / May 1, 2022

MUSIC from both Scotland and Ukraine will feature in a concert on Saturday May 14 raising funds for Ukraine. Tickets are available at Ma Simpson’s Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 11am – 1pm, or 3-8pm; Friday 11am -1am and 3 -6.30pm or Saturday 10am -4pm Or you can purchase online Ma Simpson is also hosting tribute band […]

Page 2 of 71