All posts in "Community"

Sunrise on Rockpools

By Jane Cruickshank / February 2, 2021

By Andy Hall – If you walk along the shore at Cowie heading north towards Garron Point an hour before sunrise and select a comfortable rock to sit on, you may be lucky enough to witness gorgeous pre-dawn light. It is particularly photogenic at low tide because the pastel peach, blue and pink colours reflect […]

Do You Know Anything About the Concrete on the Beach?

By bellmannews / February 2, 2021

Dear Bellman Does anyone know what the concrete structures on Stonehaven beach used to be? Sometimes they are buried but just now they are visible – see photos. Our theory is that they are the remains of two of the bridges that used to cross the Cowie River when it used to run parallel with the shore to join the Carron before flowing into the sea. BUT – are we right? […]

Dae Ye Ken? Tips on the Final Job Hurdle – the Interview

By bellmannews / January 28, 2021

For today’s advice from Aberdeenshire Council Employment Support Team, click on the following link … How to prepare for a job interview This will take you to advice on preparing for a job interview, the different formats that interviews take, and dealing with tricky questions. And here’s a reminder of the previous advice topics for […]

Dae Ye Ken? How to Write a CV

By bellmannews / January 26, 2021

Click on the link to learn how to write a professional CV and complete effective job application forms Information on writing CV’s, application forms and what employers are looking for when recruiting Find out more about thesupport can Aberdeenshire Council’s Employment Support Team offer you?

Stoney golf – beauty & the beast

By Alex Russon / January 26, 2021

I’m no David Attenborough, or Sean Connery for that matter, but believe me I know what I’m talking about when it comes to attracting members of the opposite sex. You’ve either got it or you haven’t right? Peacocks, for example, will extravagantly fan their feathers to attract hens, and some bird species construct ornate nests […]

Dae Ye Ken? Week 3 – Help Finding a Job

By bellmannews / January 25, 2021

Welcome to the ‘K&M – Dae Ye Ken?’ initiative – Week 3 Partners in Kincardine and Mearns are working together to deliver the five-week ‘K&M – Dae Ye Ken?’ initiative. Designed to help tackle not only some of the unique challenges which have surfaced in these challenging times, the initiative will also demonstrate how there […]

Covid Tam

By Jane Cruickshank / January 25, 2021

by Anon of Cowie When Corona virus hits the streetAnd friends and neighbours canna meet,When market days are nae moreWhen naebody’s allood through yer door.Whilst we sit boozing at oor hamesGetting foo whilst playing games,Some on tables, some on boardsWhilst thoosands end up in the wards.And at they Holyrood, e’en on SundaysWe hear auld Sturgeon cancelling fundays.She prophesied that late or soonWe’d all be told to stay locked doon.An affa lot ignored her summonsIncluding Willie […]

Pressing on…

By Alex Russon / January 24, 2021

World famous golfer Gary Player is credited with a line that well explains why he made a success of his career; ‘the harder I practice, the luckier I get’. His attitude was one of commitment and determination. This week at Stonehaven Baptist Church we too looked at goals we have in our lives and how […]

Timber!

By Alex Russon / January 23, 2021

While ambling home at 10pm on Friday evening, after another triumphant shift on Mearns FM radio, (my perspective only), my eyes fell upon the dazzling sight of our town’s famed Christmas tree. The town was empty, I hadn’t a soul for company, even the dog walkers had packed in for the night, but up ahead […]

Page 3 of 39