All posts in "Community"

Stonehaven Golf – winter league

By Alex Russon / March 8, 2021

Just two weeks remain of this season’s winter league at Stonehaven Golf Club, the competition boiling down to the penultimate qualifying round this weekend past. The finals are to be held in a fortnight’s time and I now have grave doubts that myself and Douglas will be participating after our latest fiasco, a reprehensible 70 […]

CLAN QUIZ WITH A DIFFERENCE

By bellmannews / March 8, 2021

From Freda Adams of Clan – Are you all quizzed out on ZOOM? Well, come and try the Friends of Clan Stonehaven picture quiz which will take you out and about Stonehaven (socially distanced of course) trying to identify 20 different places which you have passed many a time, but have you really looked? So […]

Marching for Haven’s Food Larder

By Jane Cruickshank / March 6, 2021

A STONEHAVEN woman has set herself the goal of walking/running 250 miles this month to raise funds for The Stonehaven Community Food Larder. Nicole Taylor has experienced a challenging lockdown. She has had a difficult time with her mental health – even losing her hair in the process. But now she wants to turn things […]

Reflections on the River Cowie

By bellmannews / March 4, 2021

Through the Lens by Andy Hall – Like for many people, local walks have been an important feature of Lockdown. I often take my camera with me with nothing specific in mind but to exercise my imagination as well as for the physical benefits. On one of these occasions, walking alongside the River Cowie, I […]

No Pause in Plastic Campaign

By bellmannews / March 3, 2021

From Marion Montgomery, founder of Paws on Plastic – Dog owners making a wonderful New Year Resolution have soared the ranks of the “PAWS ON PLASTIC’ campaign to 20,000.  The group of dog owners pledge to pick up a couple of pieces of litter on every walk, every day, potentially removing over 30 million pieces […]

Flood Contractors Back Local Apprentice

By bellmannews / March 2, 2021

From McLaughlin & Harvey – As part of this year’s Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2021 we reflect on this year’s theme of ‘Business Backing Talent’, and how at McLaughlin & Harvey we value what apprenticeships can bring to individuals, employer and the economy. Local teenager Kayla left school at 16 after finding that the academic environment […]

Haven Havers

By bellmannews / March 2, 2021

From Julia Morton – ARE you missing friendly banter with locals? Why not join the Haven’s free online social chat on Fridays at 1030 am – Haven Havers? It is our way of keeping the community connected at a time when it is challenging to do so. We post the link on The Haven Facebook […]

Winter League Golf – modesty rules

By Alex Russon / March 2, 2021

I’m guilty sometimes of truth economy with my write ups on here, exaggerating my contribution to our team score a little. Keith Douglas and I play in Stonehaven Golf Club’s winter league doubles competition, our best individual score on each hole counting towards the team total, and I’ve been known to big myself up on […]

Have Your Say on our Mental Health Services

By bellmannews / February 26, 2021

From Stonehaven and District Community Council – The Aberdeenshire Health & Social Care Partnership (AHSCP) is about to tender their Mental Health Services contract – currently provided by SAMH under the branding of My Life Dynamic – and as part of this they are undertaking a public engagement exercise to gather information on what is […]

Got a Project in the Pipeline?

By bellmannews / February 26, 2021

From the latest KDP bulletin – Aberdeenshire Town Centre Toolkit There is a Webinar taking place on the 3rd March to launch the Aberdeenshire Town Centre Toolkit. The aim of this webinar is to bring together key speakers from a national level to a local level to give community groups and organisations ideas and inspiration on how […]

Page 4 of 42