SWIMMING at the indoor pool and indoor exercising will resume at Stonehaven Leisure Centre next week (from Monday, May 10).
And there may be adult group exercise available at Stonehaven Town Hall the following week (from Monday, May 17) provided Scotland moves into Level 2.
A Live Life Aberdeenshire spokesperson said: “The re-opening of Live Life Aberdeenshire sport, leisure and cultural facilities will align with and complement the Scottish Government’s easing of restrictions to combat the Coronavirus as well as ensuring the vaccination roll out in Aberdeenshire remains on track.
”If it is possible to open facilities earlier than originally planned, we will make every effort to do so as we recognise our communities are keen to use them again as soon as possible.”
Online platform shows activities across the Shire
Live Life Aberdeenshire is delighted to welcome customers back as it begins to reopen leisure and heritage facilities. With demand expected to be high, why not try our virtual Live Life @ Home online platform offering activities, workshops, and resources to keep you on the go or emersed in culture if you can’t make it to one of the many Live Life Aberdeenshire attractions in person.
The page has been refreshed, updated, and improved so that everything is at your fingertips and easier to find.
Another advantage of Live Life @ Home is if you are considering trying out an activity but don’t quite feel ready to do it in person, you can ‘try before you by’ through taking part in a taster session in the comfort of your own home, before committing to the activity at your local sports and fitness centre.
Live Life @ Home now includes an extensive library of free videos ranging from fitness classes to author talks, virtual walks, music lessons and films celebrating Doric culture. On our refreshed Live Life @ Home page, you can now find the following:
- What’s on tab. Where you can access information on activities to help you plan ahead.
- ‘Seat to Feet’ videos that give progressive gentle exercises for you to try out.
- For the more active there are Facebook Live classes for all abilities throughout the week.
- Active Schools have a range of online resources to support children in their return to school.
- Our colourful farming heritage can be explored online through videos from the Aberdeenshire Farming Museum in Aden Country Park.
- The Aberdeenshire Museums collection ‘Our Favourite Things’ features special objects chosen by members of the museums team.
- Macduff Marine Aquarium have a new range of mini talks on local marine topics called the Catch My Drift series.
- Access the full digital library catalogue where you can download e-books, e-audio books, and e-magazines to read at your leisure.
As restrictions ease, the Life @ Home platform will continue to offer a range of information and activities to complement those on offer in our physical facilities.
To access what’s on offer go to the Live Life @ Home page at https://bit.ly/3cSSGmB