A STONEHAVEN man’s bid to build a bungalow on land outside the town’s settlement boundary is up for discussion at tomorrow evening’s meeting of Stonehaven and District Community Council.
If his planning application is successful, David Morisson will transfer the land in his ownership to Stonehaven Town Partnership, with parts allocated to various community groups – land for allotments/Horizon Group, an area where Grampian Tigers Youth Cycling Club want to provide a children’s cycling skills trail, and a Scouts’ adventure and recreation area.
Mr Morisson’s proposals for his land at Riverside Drive have met with a large number of objections from those living nearby or from those who like to walk there – some 66 representations have been made opposing the scheme, while 19 are in support.
As you will see from the agenda below, time has been allocated for those speaking for and against the planning application before the members of the community council decide their preferred vision for the swathe of land.
Join the meeting to hear the discussions
Tomorrow night’s meeting can be attended in person at the former court room in the County Buildings on Dunnottar Avenue, or via Zoom – the meeting starts at 7pm.
Meeting ID: 897 9376 2036
Agenda: Stonehaven and District Community Council,
Business Meeting, 10th May 2022, 7pm
- Chairperson’s Welcome
- Roll-call & recording?: KS
- Apologies & Declarations of Interest
- Police Report & Matters Arising
- Land at Riverside Drive
– 10 mins (total, all contributions) in support of application
– 10 mins (total, all contributions) in opposition to application
– 10 mins debate, CC members only
- Public meeting: Immediate daycare services In Stonehaven
- Future of Invercarron Centre after six months review period
- Fly posting damage
- Approval of last minute
- Matters Arising from Last Minute
– impact of flood defence works on residents of Cameron Steet
- Planning Report & Reviews: KS
- Treasurer’s Report: DL
- Correspondence: AL/DB/PC
- Community Council Elections: AL
- AOCB (NB special circumstance items only)
- Date of Next Meetings:
- Public meeting, daycare services in Stonehaven: 24th May 2022
- Agenda Discussion Meeting: 7th June 2022
- AGM: 14th June 2022
- Business Meeting: 14th June 2022
Caried forward to future meetings:
- Traffic Management consultation, second stage
- Mackie Academy Campus
- Local Place Plans